ABOUT THIS MASTERCLASS
If you are time-pressed and want to find out exactly what you would like to know about preparing for your Camino but without spending hours searching around for it on the internet, this Masterclass is for you. You will walk away knowing:
- whether or not your current Camino timings are feasible
- how to create a realistic walking strategy
- how to get prepared physically and level of walking training necessary
- what equipment to take and what not to take
- how to keep going when you want to give up
- top tips for a rich and rewarding Camino experience
The goal of the Masterclass is for you to be able to begin walking your Camino with ‘wisdom‘ and ‘confidence’ upon your arrival in Spain allowing you to enjoy a rich, rewarding and unforgettable Camino life experience.
You will benefit from the Masterclass if:
- you are new to and are nervous about walking long distances and the Camino in general
- you don’t want the stress of ‘hitting the ground running’ during the first week of your Camino
- you want a structure to your Camino preparation and planning
- you want to learn ‘best practices’ to create a rich and rewarding Camino Francés
It’s going to be a full, fun and practical day. My promise to you is that you will walk away with absolute clarity around how to make the most of your Camino experience.
60 MINUTE SCREENING – ‘WALKING THE CAMINO: SIX WAYS TO SANTIAGO
Providing the perfect introduction to the Camino experience Walking The Camino: Six Ways to Santiago is an award winning documentary captures the trials and tribulations of six pilgrims as they walk across Spain. The documentary covers all aspects of the Camino journey including blisters, exhaustion, loneliness, and self-doubt to ultimately the triumph over the fears of the journey.
THE PHYSICAL JOURNEY
The importance of ‘awareness’ and recognising the quality of your Camino depends upon the decisions you take. In this session we will consider the physical aspects of the journey in particular your expectations and assumptions versus reality. We’ll cover:
• The Camino Francés; the physical journey – topography, fitness required, journey duration
• Equipment; what to take, what to leave behind, boots, rucksack, clothing
• Preparation; to help identify key areas where preparation will help you before arriving in Spain.
Improved awareness leads to greater choice culminating in better decisions .
THE PRACTICAL JOURNEY
Walking the Camino delivers its own daily routine allowing you to enjoy the freedom of the moment to walk as far or as short as you want. In this session, we will cover the practical aspects of walking the Camino Francés;
• Accommodation: the different types places where you can stay, pilgrim hostel etiquette, the pilgrim passport
• Self care and maintenance: hydration, blister prevention, emergencies in Spain
• The daily routine: food and drink, banks, sightseeing, opening hours, bus/taxis, bag carrying services
Knowing your strengths and limitations helps you make wise decisions when the ‘going gets tough’ and allows you to walk with confidence.
THE INNER JOURNEY
Your Camino is unique to you with no two Camino journeys ever being alike. To enjoy a rich and rewarding Camino means being able to pay attention to yourself, to the people around you and the environment and landscape in which you find yourself. We’ll cover:
• The Call To The Camino: what has brought you to the Camino and your motivations for walking.
• Walking With Wisdom: avoiding the deadly ‘walking sins of the Camino’
• Camino literature: – guidebooks and literature to help deepen your knowledge about the Camino.
The Camino itself is neutral: it does not deliver a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ experience. A successful, deeply rewarding Camino is dependent upon our approach and to our reactions to what unfolds on the path along the way.
Duration: 09:30 – 17:00
Register below your interest to attend a future Masterclass in Edinburgh, London or Manchester.