This immersive long weekend in Spain’s most famous wine region will help you take time out to reflect on what is important to you, provide you with a taste of walking the Camino de Santiago and let you also explore the hidden treasures La Rioja offers.
It can be hard to figure out life’s difficult questions particularly whilst you are in your familiar environment with its many distractions. You are invited to leave it all behind and escape to take the time out to focus on what really matters; YOU.
Enjoy a mini ‘Camino’ 4 night/5 day break under the gentle guidance of Adam Wells. You will return home feeling calmer, re-energised and inspired for the future. It is ideal for you if you would like a weekend to explore somewhere new or if you are thinking of walking the Camino and would like to ‘taste’ the experience first.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Over the course of this long weekend, you’ll be able to:
- Take the time to reflect on what’s important to you and perhaps what you want to be different for the future.
- Explore a quiet part of Spain not taken over by mass tourism.
- Stay in a legendary Camino town famed since the Middle Ages.
- Walk along the Camino de Santiago.
- Visit to the birthplace and cradle of Castilian Spanish
- Tour a bodega and taste the world famous Rioja wine.
- Enjoy stunning views from hill-top villages overlooking Spain’s second longest river, the Ebro.
- Experience the ambience of one of Spain’s most gastronomical streets with its specialty pinchos (tapas).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Getting ‘away’ and changing your environment will allow you to look at life from a different perspective free from the connections which perhaps are making life difficult.
- Many people walking the Camino find clarity and purpose. After your brief taste of walking the Camino, you may decide that walking more of the Camino is for you.
- You will be with a mall group of like-minded people (maximum five including Adam Wells) allowing you to build new friendships and enabling you to benefit from the wisdom of the group.
- Spend time ‘re-connecting’ with nature.
- Learn more about the Camino de Santiago and La Rioja region.
- You’ll have fun enjoying the best of the Spanish way of life.
- Visit to Haro; wine capital of the Rioja region – wine tour and tasting in the historical ‘Railway Station’ district, home to the most famous Rioja wineries.
- Stay in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, one of the most famous towns on the whole Camino de Santiago. Visit its cathedral; the site of one of the most famous Camino de Santiago legends – the cockerel and hen miracle.
- 5 hour, 18km walk along an alternative Camino de Santiago pilgrimage road from Najera – seat of the Kings of Pamplona and Navarre – to San Millán de la Cogolla; the birthplace of the Castilian Spanish language.
- Evening visit to Ezcaray; a town set in the foothills of the Sierra de la Demanda mountains with its own unique style of town architecture.
- Visit to Briones and walk the 5km to San Vincente de Sonsierra; both hill-top villages overlooking Spain’s second longest river, the Ebro.
- Stay in Logroño; capital of the region. Experience ‘Calle Laurel’ one of Spain’s most famous and lively ‘tapas’ streets celebrated for its gastronomy.
- 4 hour, 12km walk along the Camino de Santiago from Logroño to Navarette.
- Visit & walking tour of Laguardia; walled town and one of Spain’s most picturesque villages – visit to the church of Santa María de los Reyes and its unique polychrome portico doorway – one of only two in Spain. Enjoy too a visit to a traditional family run winery.
- Return bus travel from/to Bilbao Termibus bus station to Haro / Logroño.
- Travel in La Rioja
- 4 nights three-star hotel bed + breakfast accommodation based on double occupancy. If you should wish to stay in alternative accommodation: bed and breakfast or pilgrim hostels please advise.
- Winery tour and tasting on day one and guided tours on days two and three.
- Lunch on day three and dinner on days one, two and four.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Evening meals and lunches where not described
- Travel + medical insurance
- Personal expenses
- Optional visits
Santo Domingo de la Calzada
San Millán de la Cogolla and Laguardia
Group Size: 4
DATE: Friday 17th to Tuesday 21st March 2017
To download a detailed itinerary, please click here.
For further information or to book please complete the form below.